Monday, June 17, 2002

 

I Was So So Sad
One of the most memorable compliments that I ever received was when I was doing a class at Sydney University 'Women's Writing: 1650-1800.

I was the only person in that class, tutor included , who wasn't a lesbian.

The compliment came after I had presented paper . I had thought that they were going to kill me

But instead they applauded and one woman said,

" Man, you've got balls! "

Which I took as a wonderfully strange and ironic compliment.

I was well-liked from that point on

They always welcomed me with open arms .

But,of course,never with open legs

But then neither did the straight women in any of my other classes.

And that's why.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]