Wednesday, September 04, 2002

 

My Grandmother's Place

My last entry about my garden reminded me of my grandmother's (my mother's mother) place. When I was a kid, her place seemed like a wonderland of fruits and veggies set in the suburbs of Sydney or, to be precise, Fairfield. The first thing you noticed was her long grapevine (green and purple) that stretched all along her long side fence that went along her driveway. And then, in her yard, she had many different types of trees: lemon, orange, mandarin, macadamias. She also had chickens and dogs. My grandmother was an Italian - a nonna, not a nanna- and keeping a vegetable garden grapes vines, and fruit trees was pretty much par for the course. There was always something special about it all and I feel nostalgia for it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]