Thursday, October 24, 2002

 
My brother and I went to see The Road To Perdition, last week.

I enjoyed it. Tom Hanks does a fine acting job. A real
underthe skin subtle performance that truly captures
the sad, regretful guilt-riddeness of the family /hitman
he portrays.

It (the movie) is a bit a slow and underdone in parts
but all in all it is a very good movie that is worth
seeing.I recommend it.

It was reviewed on The Movie Show and when David said
that the moviewas an adaptation of the graphic novel , Margaret said (something like)

“Oh you mean the comic book”

“Oh you mean the comic book”. Now, I might be wrong but
I think I noticed a bit of a sneer on her face and some derision
in her voice when she said it.

Maybe I’m just being an oversensitive comic/graphic novel collector
and cartoon/animation fan. They are a much maligned art/writing
form that have never truly received the attention they deserve.

Here are some links:
Beautiful Stories For Ugly Children
Coming Attractions: The Preacher Movie
Lupo Alberto
Tabula Rasa: Gallery: Pounding Tales
The Dreaming: The Neil Gaiman Page
Web Comics: Mark Evanier
Zeitgeist Films | The Films of the Brothers Quay




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]