Thursday, February 27, 2003

 

I'm At A Loss


Is it just me or is there something screwy about asking
someone where they lost something? If you know where
you lost something, then, technically, it isn't lost-is it?

Yet, whenever I lose something that involves filling out some
form in some I office there is always "location where 'X' was
lost" type of question.

And whenever I point out the irony of this question to the clerk
who gives me the form. He/she looks at me with a vacant, hurt,
confused 'I- have-no -idea-what -you are-talking-about- please-
leave-me-alone-I just work-here' type of look on his/her face.

In fact, I don't even bother pointing out the ridiculousness of the
question anymore. I just write 'Sydney' in answer to that question.
I've had no complaints so far. Yes. I lose a lot of things. If all the
umbrellas and keys that I have lost were all suddenly found they'd
stretch from Sydney to Saturn, so I guess I'm not perfect. Far from
Oh, it all makes me feel bemused.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]