Monday, July 14, 2003

 

The Nights Come Down Like Ravens



I was deep in thought last Friday,
Facts, figures, and personal woe.
And 90% of it was selfish, self-centered,
And venomous Bullshit.
I realized that when you came over,
And told me about your disappointment
Because of what I had said,
Or rather, had not said to you.

Forgive me.

The only excuse that I have to offer-
is that I am human
And I get depressed sometimes,
For no reason whatsoever,
And it hits me hard and at any time,
And without any warning.
And then I feel guilty for feeling depressed
For no reason.

But,

That is neither here, nor there.
A friend is a friend is a
Special person.
A person such as you,
Possessed with an alacrity
That I never had.
Nor, more than likely, ever will have.
I was morbid, self-hating, immature,
Cynical, philosophical,and sarcastic
When I was your age.

In short,

I was an asshole.
And,perhaps,
I still am.
So, smile,
Because I am your friend,
And even If I wasn't
What would it matter?
You deserve better friends than me.
You deserve what you want.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]