Friday, April 22, 2005

 

Nobody Knows What It’s Like (to be a lonesome teen rooster in love)

World, cruel, world
Why do you torment me?
Why create a beautiful hen like Helen
who wants to be naught but my friend.
i love her, world,
but she loves another, not me.

World, i am at my wit’s end.
World i am lonesome and lonely
and though i live amongst a sea of chickens,
who surround me as far as my eyes can see.
There’s no one special here for me.

At nights, I peck out my poems before i
cry myself to sleep.
My feelings are too deep to bear, world.
World, why don’t you heed my scream?
Do you delight in my piteous plight?

Oh world! Cruel world!
Why hast thou forsaken me?
i knoweth not whyBut world
i know this
i can no longer abide
to live in your realm
Tomorrow, i die!

Yes, cruel world, tomorrow i die.
And the blue sky shall turn black
And all will weep, world, all will weep.T
hey will weep and rend their garments
And realise,
Oh! What a piece of work was Larry the Rooster,
the paragon of poultry!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]